Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Divine Date


From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
-Acts 17:26

You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
-Psalm 139:16



Two nights ago a brilliant white orb leapt up to be caught in a tangle of shredded clouds. Earth’s shadow crept over its face while it struggled to escape.

Oh, no, I might miss the eclipse! I fretted.

Oh me of little faith. An hour or so later, the moon won the struggle and blessed me with a stunning, uninterrupted view of its dusky red surface.

Thank you, God. Thank you that you had this moment planned out for me since you sent the moon and earth spiraling around each other. Thank you that you know how much I care about the moon’s phases and this eclipse.

And thank you, too, that you have a plan for every day of my life. Not just the ones when I’m “winning” the spiritual battle, but even a plan to redeem and use those down-and-out days where all I want to do is cry and eat ice-cream.

Too many days, Satan ties a blindfold tightly over my mind, and I do not see God’s daily storyweaving. But this day, God had a special date for me.

What special time has God schemed up in your life recently? I’d love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment